It was a sad moment at the funeral service of a Pastor’s family of five including a two-months-old baby, who died in a fire outbreak at Dansoman, a suburb of Accra, Ghana.
The burial ceremony of the Pastor’s family of five at Methodist University school park, was attended by Family, sympathizers and church members of the of the Seventh Day Adventist (SDA). We reported that on Sunday, August 19th, the pastor’s wife, three children and mother-in-law were burnt to ashes when fire gutted their storey building. Pastor Ato Kessie, was not in the house at the time the incident happened.
According to reports, the victims were trapped by the security burglar proof at the entrance of the room and could not run out of the house. All the 5 family members perished in the fire incident, none survived. The late Mrs. Kessie was a teacher at Valley View University (VVU) basic school.
Here are more photos below;
A similar incident played out at No. 13, Buraimoh street, Bariga area of Lagos, as an overnight fire has killed a family of four, simply identified as Eze’s family. The Director of Lagos State Fire Service, Mr. Rasak Fadipe, who confirmed the incident, said it occurred at about 2.48 a.m.
He said personnel of the service got to the scene of the incident as soon as they got information about the fire, but that due to the double burglary irons on the door and window of the apartment, they were unable to reach the victims in time.
“The apartment is a chemist store. The father, mother, and two children of ages five and eight were found dead inside the store.
“ We advise that although one needs security in his or her house or business place, it should not be to the detriment of the people.
“Members of the family should always know the exit of their apartment whenever there is an emergency,” the director said.