Weapon Contamination (WEC) Field Officer Job at the International Committee of the Red Cross
The International Committee of the Red Cross (ICRC), is an impartial, neutral and independent organisation whose exclusively humanitarian mission is to protect the lives and dignity of victims of armed conflict and other situations of violence and to provide them with assistance.
The International Committee of the Red Cross (ICRC), Abuja Delegation, is looking for a suitable candidate to fill the vacancy below:
Job Title: Weapon Contamination (WEC) Field Officer
- The Weapon Contamination Field Officer provides support to implementation and monitoring of ICRC WEC activities in Nigeria.
- Assists the WEC Delegate in implementation and follow-up of WEC activities;
- Contributes to the analysis of the security, socio-economic, cultural and political environment relevant to the ICRC and share relevant information with colleagues;
- Collects and compiles WEC related information;
- Contributes to written reporting on WEC activities;
- Develops and maintains contacts with authorities and Mine Action implementing partners at local level;
- Translates/interprets as required by the department
- Reports events and changes within the region that could have an impact on ICRC's activities and hence provides sound elements to the Delegation that allow to establish objectives and priorities;
- Participates in internal and external meetings.
- Facilitates and quality assure WEC training for ICRC, IFRC and Nigeria Red Cross Society (NRCS)
Education and Experience Required
- Relevant College or University Degree
- Excellent command of written and spoken English, Hausa and/or Kanuri.
- Excellent computer skills
Desired profile and skills:
- Previous working experience in ICRC, IFRC, NRCS or for a Mine Action organization based in Nigeria.
- Experience in capacity building, training, and training development.
- Previous experience working in Nigeria and/or knowledge of the north-eastern Nigeria is preferred.
- Females are encouraged to apply
Application Closing Date
16:30h; 6th November, 2018.
Method of Application
Interested and qualified candidates should send their Curriculum Vitae, Cover Letter and contact details of three referees to: [email protected]Clearly indicate “Weapon Contamination (WEC) Field Officer Abuja & quot” as the subject of your application (Applications intended for this role without this subject will not be treated)
In the body of the mail, please indicate the following in the format as seen:
- Current location
- Languages you speak
- Years of relevant experience
- NYSC status
- Late applications will not be considered.
- Only short-listed candidates will be contacted.
- ICRC will not request for any monetary payments from applicants at any stage of the recruitment process.
- The International Committee of the Red Cross (ICRC) is an impartial, neutral and independent organisation whose exclusively humanitarian mission is to protect the lives and dignity of victims of armed conflict and other situations of violence and to provide them with assistance.